9 Essential Reasons You Need a Website in 2021
If you don’t have a website yet, you’re not alone. According to a report from Top Design Firms, 28% of small businesses surveyed have no website.
If you’re one of them, maybe you don’t feel tech savvy enough. Or you’re worried about managing a site. You might think that you just don’t need one. And what about the cost?
But consider this: The COVID-19 shutdown last year changed the way your customers do business. People were forced to shop and find services online. Business websites became a priority.
In fact, according to Statistica, in 2020 there were over 256 million digital buyers in the United States! And I see this as the new normal.
So, if you haven’t taken the plunge, is now the time for you to reconsider your online presence?
How to Profit From a Professionally Designed Website
The sea-change in customer buying habits is just one reason to establish a web presence. A website is also is a simple, cost effective, and multi-faceted marketing opportunity.
Here are some of the top reasons you can profit from a business website:
1. A well designed, attractive website levels the playing field. You have the same amount of space to tell your story as a larger, big box store or professional firm. Your site can impress prospects the same as Walmart’s or that franchise law firm up the street.
2. A customer-centered website answers the questions prospects bring to the site. This engages them, making them more likely to become customers.
A website is a sales person on duty 24/7
3. A website is a sales person on duty 24/7. No matter the time of day or night, website visitors can easily find quality and reliable information about your brand. If you’re selling tangible products, they can even buy while you’re having dinner!
4. People are searching online for exactly what you offer. When they find your website, you’ll be presenting your business at the exact moment they’re ready to buy.
5. You own your website. You can market without the expense and restrictions of “renting” bandwidth from TV and radio or space from print advertising.
6. Unlike product reviews on Yelp or comments on Facebook, you control the messaging. It’s a tremendous opportunity to differentiate yourself from your competition. Establish your authority. Present your brand in a way that communicates what you stand for, who you are.
7. Customer service improves because your website informs people of your hours of operation and location. This frees your staff from fielding these calls. And you’ll get more leads. Contacting you is just a quick Google search away. (And have you noticed, no one uses phonebooks anymore.)
8. Your website becomes the hub of all your internet marketing. You can link your social media, Google My Business, direct mail, and traditional advertising to your website.
9. Finally, people question your legitimacy as a business if you don’t have a website. See my personal, real life example below.
A business website is a priority in today’s marketplace. And a superb opportunity to grow your business online.
A Website Success Story
But what about that final point. What do people think when they realize you don’t have a website? Let me tell you a story from a business associate of mine.
He told me about the time he hadn’t seen a dentist in a while. His former dentist had retired. So he searched online.
As he searched, he began to notice that he was drawn to the dentist offices with better websites. It made a difference in his thinking.
And he was skeptical of the ones without websites. In fact, he wrote them off. After all, could he trust an office to practice the latest in dentistry if they didn’t even have a website?
The upshot: He picked the local office that presented itself best online. And one x-ray, three cavities, two crowns, and a cleaning later, they got thousands of dollars worth of business!
Here’s the thing, a website is a tremendous opportunity to reach your audience when they’re ready to buy. To build authority in the marketplace. To get visitors to know, like, and trust your brand. And to get a sale or lead right away.
All for much less than traditional advertising. I hope you’ll seriously consider a website for your business. And I can help. I specialize in the design and development of websites for small business. I’ll also be there for you managing your new site.
So let’s talk. If you have questions or want a quote, get in touch here. Or give me a call at 315.717.6218. Let me help you create a web presence that attracts attention and engages your audience. You’ll win a bigger market share and satisfy customers who love doing business online.
Hilltop specializes in website design and development for small business throughout Central New York. We also help plan and execute digital marketing projects including social media planning, copy, logos, and graphic design. Call 315.717.6218 or contact us here.